IAS Collaborative Research Awards for IU Faculty are monies to enable faculty to prepare publications, performances, exhibits, and grant proposals that draw upon the expertise of a group of faculty, be they colleagues at IU or at other institutions; to enable faculty to gain new knowledge or skill for future publications, performances, exhibits, and grant proposals by visiting one or more scholars' at those scholars' institutions or by hosting said scholars at IUB.
The maximum amount of the award is $10,000 for an award period of two years. IU Faculty at all ranks may apply.
The deadline for 2020-21 Collaborative Research Award Applications is January 20, 2021.
To apply for an IAS Collaborative Research Award for IU Faculty, please check back soon for the updated application. In addition to filling out the form, you will need to upload a single .pdf document, which should include:
- A Project Abstract of no more than 300 words;
- A project summary, 2 pages, which includes an indication of your proposed outcomes;
- A current CV of no more than 6 pages;
- A proposed budget
- Letters of support and abbreviated CVs from each of your collaborators mentioned in your project summary
Applicants are also invited, but not required, to include:
- A "Statement of COVID-19 research impact" in support of their request. This statement should address any special research needs under the current circumstances and/or any information that the applicant deems relevant to the current application or budget items.
The application also requires one (1) letter of support, which should be from a scholar (either internal or external to IUB) who can speak to the proposal's merits. Your letter writer need not be your department or unit chair. The most persuasive letters are those that speak to the value of the project outcomes. Such a letter could be written by a colleauge outside IU or someone like a collaborator or senior colleague. It should be on (electronic) letterhead and include a signature. Letters should be sent independently of this application via email to email@example.com.