Hourly Position, Spring 2023: Artist Book Exhibit Curator
The IU Institute for Advanced Study seeks to hire a student curator to coordinate a display of artist books to be on exhibit on campus in conjunction with our mid-April 2023 presentations for The Bloomington Symposia: The Book in Hand. For more information about The Bloomington Symposia (TBS) and this year’s theme organized by faculty conveners Rowland Ricketts and Diane Reilly, please visit the main page for the program here.
The curator will be expected to produce the exhibit in its entirety, with input and guidance from IAS staff, particularly IU MLS alum Suzanne Godby Ingalsbe.
Curator duties will include
• selecting books from IU collections for inclusion in the exhibit,
• researching, preparing, and formatting label text,
• organizing display (including layout, display needs, and materials budget),
• preparing exhibit materials, and
• installing and deinstalling the exhibit.
The curator may also have input into the promotional materials for the exhibit.