On behalf of the Indiana University Bicentennial Symposium Committee, the Institute for Advanced Study at IUB invites proposals for programs that will expand upon the theme, “Provocations: Conversations Towards a Bold University in the Twenty-First Century,” explored during the September 27 Bicentennial Symposium at IUB.
We particularly encourage events taking place between January and June 2020 at each IU campus, though some support for programs during the second half of 2020 may be possible. Our goal is to create opportunities to discuss multiple aspects of university life and to identify and propose principles, values, and strategies that may serve the university for decades to come. Organizers may determine the shape of these events, but preference will be given to programs that provoke active participation by attendees such as reading groups or roundtables.
Faculty, students, and staff at all IU campuses are eligible to submit proposals. The IAS welcomes events that encourage the participation of local communities where IU campuses are found.
Proposals should include:
- The name, status, affiliation, and contact information of the organizer(s).
- A brief description of the event being proposed (200 words maximum).
- A list of IU faculty, students, staff, units, and community members involved.
- A brief bio of any proposed guest scholar, speaker, or artist.
- A preliminary budget. Maximum award will be $5000. Organizers are encouraged to seek additional funding from their campus.
- A statement of the intended impact and/or outcomes of the program (200 words maximum).
Proposals are due November 22, 2019. Awards will be announced December 15.
For more information, please contact the IAS via email <firstname.lastname@example.org> or at 812 855-1513.