The Institute for Advanced Study seeks to hire a Graduate Assistant to aid with the programming, administrative, public relations, and social media profile of the interdisciplinary work of the Institute. The GA would, first and foremost, assist the Director, Associate Director, and Administrative and Project Coordinator in raising the profile of the IAS before its various constituencies, academic and public- facing, local, national, and international. This will involve a variety of tasks, from in-person receptionist in the IAS house, to management of email listservs, IAS publicity, and, crucially, developing new ways of engaging diverse audiences. This will include:
Podcasting and Social Media:
• Develop, in consultation with the Director, a plan for creating an IAS podcast series, featuring
short interviews or presentations made by researchers, collaborative teams, or research fellows
supported by the Institute.
• Interview select researchers or collaborative groups to create 5-7 minute podcasts sponsored by the Institute.
• Work in consultation with others on campus to edit and package these podcasts for eventual
uploading to the IAS social media channels.
• Manage IAS social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)sharing presentations and events insofar as this is appropriate.
• Assist the Administrative and Project Coordinator in IAS programming